Resourcing Survey Follow-up TODO: Nabeela Jafferwill add graphical summary of responses where available
Follow up email draft ACTION: Roadmap council members to review by end-of-week ACTION: published next week - link on Roadmap Council page, e-mail to community, tech, and partner list - call to action is to review and be prepared to discuss at Partners Meeting & Connect, immediate questions and comments via e-mail and slack (comments directly on the google doc are discouraged) ACTION: follow-up with individuals who specifically committed resources and identify next steps
Hyrax Product Owner next steps TODO: Julie Allinsonwill circulate the idea of a Hyrax Product team with an single identified PO for a specified term who acts as tie-breaker, but delegating significantly to product team and broader community members. Hyrax PO proposal - Some feedback to-date, mostly refinements to the idea suggesting general agreement ACTION: Julie AllinsonRob Kaufman to attend next SIGHAR and promote and refine idea - goal: get clarity around responsibilities, especially if they're spread across multiple individuals
Discuss list of folks to potentially reach out to
Rob and Tom did a brainstorming session to get the ball rolling here
Kaylee Sprague (Yale)?
Emory? ACTION: continue grooming list while finishing the job description, approach folks once the job description is complete
Update at Samvera Connect - we've been asked to provide updates for Partners & Connect
From Richard Green: If we give you a slot on the Thursday (which I’ve now added to our list of presentations), it will be a full presentation slot – which is to say designed for 20 minutes talk + 5 minutes Q&A, though of course you can split it how you wish. I’d be very grateful for a couple of sentences to describe the RC presentation asap. I’ve also added you to the Partner agenda items for ’20-25 minutes’. ACTION: Report back to Partners Rob KaufmanJulie Allinson - Hyrax PO, Survey Results, Overall Roadmap, Next Steps Partner meeting attendees Rob KaufmanNabeela Jaffer (afternoon) / Julie Allinson + Mark Bussey? (will be splitting time with developers) Connect attendees Rob KaufmanNabeela JafferJulie AllinsonMark Busseyjen youngJon Cameron - Mark & Jon can anchor the Thursday presentation, other folks as schedule permits
Do we need to have a conversation about what the impact is in using Fedora? Particularly in conjunction with Valkyrie development. Performance engineering - what are folks trying to do? Are there other factors than performance? Lot of enthusiasm for Valkyrie in the community - what is the expected outcome? What could be the impact of preservation infrastructure? Hyrax 3 with Wings – what will it deliver and how does it match expectations? Seems useful to try to disambiguate "I'm interested in Valkyrie" - performance, non-Fedora, migrate from Fedora 3.x, other?
Question: what is Hyrax 3 Breaking? WIIFM ACTION: Reach out to Tom Johnson / Wings WG about current trajectory for Wings - Rob Kaufman
No longer need a representative from the Roadmap Council, will ask us to review vision document when we're further along.
Facilitator & Notetaker for next meeting
ACTION: Roadmap council members to review survey e-mail draft by end-of-week ACTION: published next week - link on Roadmap Council page, e-mail to community, tech, and partner list - call to action is to review and be prepared to discuss at Partners Meeting & Connect, immediate questions and comments via e-mail and slack (comments directly on the google doc are discouraged)
ACTION: follow-up with individuals who specifically committed resources and identify next steps - ? what to do about folks interested in helping but without an active development initiative to plug into - review results for any potential champions/WG leads - Nabeela