Notetaker: Juliet Hardesty
Attendees: Julie, Dawn, Erik
- Julie's list of CVs from marginalized communities: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K8ZxlBAZBdX12KhyweiPATUKJ2Url_Vudhhom_5dCr8/edit?usp=sharing
- Maybe start from a list like this and possibly create something via Github for contributions, tracking vocabs - DLF Metadata Working Group? CritCat?
- Defining "controlled vocabulary"
- Terms lists, authority files, all are CVs
- need to define terms to clarify decision tree
- term list is more like a locally-defined list of terms to use
- authorized source and implemented locally (like rights statements implemented in Hyrax)
- derivative version of external authority for local use
- community-specific and not available for re-use (like PDF only and not Linked Data) - might be a qualifier on using a CV
- online documentation/publishing services - they are out there and maybe something like that could be useful here?