Time: 3:00-4:00pm Eastern
Call-in Info: https://unc.zoom.us/j/211033358?pwd=WERUdnBWeHRqRVBRMmlOVWU3SlN0QT09
Moderator(s): Nora Zimmerman Anna Goslen
Notetaker: Nora Zimmerman
Community Notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1o71Us3kN3DBZ3VqIWJMMCuWHvTLgItJ6_RNBAhYLzY4/edit?usp=sharing
- Ryan Wick (Oregon State University)
- Nora Egloff (Lafayette)
- Julie Hardesty (Indiana University)
- Gretchen Gueguen (PALCI)
- Anna Goslen (UNC Chapel Hill)
- Sarah Seymore (University of Oregon)
- Daniel Lovins (Yale)
- Rebecca Pattillo
- Annamarie Klose
- Emily Stenberg
- Subgroup Reports
- URI Selection Working Group
- Geo Predicates Working Group
- Controlled Vocabularies Decision Tree Working Group (Julie H.)
- WG has been meeting regularly, now on Wednesdays
- working thru a spreadsheet of examples/use cases for types of information where a controlled vocabulary could be useful.
- also examining places within the Hyrax and Hyku applications where controlled vocabularies can be looped in
- concept of “levels” in the decision tree: steps to take and points to consider of outside or local controlled vocabs. Considering the format the tree should take.
- Hyrax Metadata Application Profile Documentation Review Working Group
- Met twice sent last SMIG. Reviewed a lot of the tagged metadata issues in Hyrax github. Bumped/checked status.
- Doing a systematic review of the 2.0 Hyrax metadata application profile document (on knowledge base). Nurax is running 3.0 pre-release. Checking changes there.
- Roadmap Council Update
- No update. Sent out an update of the council’s work in the past quarter. Hyrax PO announcement should be coming soon.
- In spring Partner meeting, long discussion in the agenda about the Samvera WG/IG framework. Requirement for 3 partner institutions to be on working groups. Is this a barrier?
- Ryan: any discussion of idea of a different group type, such as “standing group”?
- Not specifically, but the discussion seemed to form a consensus around reducing barriers to participation in WGs and in community projects - so it is unlikely that such a group would pose an issue.
- Anyone presenting at Virtual Connect (other than IG/WG updates)?
- Gretchen did submit a proposal for a panel, with UVA and U of Oregon; all three are working on grant funded projects (2 around Hyku, 1 on improving metrics in Hyrax). Developing an application profile for open educational resources
- deadline was extended to last Friday
Next Call : May 26, 2020, 3-4pm Eastern