Time: 3:00pm-4:00pm Eastern
Call-In Info: +1 (605) 313-5169, access code 651025
Moderator: ruth.k.tillman and Juliet Hardesty
Notetaker: Anna Goslen
Community Notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YAn9xFn_238VMXBYL85-bJHuQzOybHCMGI4OX8IXqoI/edit?usp=sharing
- Ruth Tillman, Penn State
- Anna Goslen, UNC-Chapel Hill
- Gretchen Gueguen, PALCI
- Nora Egloff, Lafayette College
- Julie Hardesty, Indiana University
- Ryan Johnson, UC San Diego
- Cara Key, Oregon State University
- Ryan Wick, Oregon State University
- Sarah Seymore, University of Oregon
- Subgroup Reports
- URI Selection WG
- No updates from Steering about community vocabulary manager
- Ryan W.: not aware of any new terms requested
- Geo Predicates WG
- Machine-readable Metadata Modeling Specification (M3) WG
- Examples still being worked on. Hyrax example recently merged.
- IU, others looking at using M3 spec on a current project
- Jen Young and Julie H. working on an Avalon spec
- Roadmap Council update
- samvera/hyrax-metadataists questions
- #3819 Enable Controlled Vocabulary Support on Collections - https://github.com/samvera/hyrax/issues/3819
- Right now controlled vocab for Location field not working for Collection metadata
- This would need to be in place to use additional CVs on Collections if defined
- Would not affect metadata of collection members
- Group thinks this sounds good. Julie H. will update issue.
- #3889 Collections: you can't add a rights statement to a collection - https://github.com/samvera/hyrax/issues/3889
- Some users want to apply Rights Statement to whole collection, others feel statements only appropriate at item-level
- In Hyrax, Rights Statement at collection level would not affect collection members as currently configured
- What is the benefit of applying RS to a collection? Sharing of collection records as guidance for rights but not to be taken in place of any item-level rights statement.
- Why License but not Rights Statement on collections?
- Potential for confusion and conflicts between collection metadata and item metadata.
- Have it as a default option, but not required. Could be removed locally.
- Consensus: add Rights Statement as field available for collections to use but should not be required.
- Source field also not on Collections
- https://github.com/orgs/samvera/teams/hyrax-metadataists - group to join if you want to get email notifications when metadataists are tagged
- SMIG Meeting facilitators
- Anna G. and Nora E. will be starting as co-facilitators at Samvera Connect in-person meeting
- Next meeting Tuesday, September 24, 3-4pm Eastern