Time: 3:00pm-4:00pm Eastern
Call-In Info: +1 (605) 313-5169, access code 651025
Moderator: Juliet Hardesty
Notetaker: Anna Goslen
Community Notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/12BOoAQy9rb-9qx13V0zSQL3SyjW9HJJjMPQoHiOOoeM/edit?usp=sharing
- Julie Hardesty (Indiana University)
- Anna Goslen (UNC Chapel Hill)
- Ryan Wick (Oregon State University)
- Nora Egloff (Lafayette)
- Jen Young (Northwestern University)
- Ryan Johnson (UC San Diego)
- Irene Taylor (Washington University in St. Louis)
- Gretchen Gueguen (PALCI)
- Subgroup Reports
- URI Selection WG
- No updates from Steering regarding community vocabulary manager. Julie will reach out.
- Geo Predicates WG
- John Huck (Geo Predicates WG facilitator) sends his regrets for today's meeting, so is leaving these notes instead. Progress within the Geo Predicates WG been slower the past month or so. James Griffin is focusing on preparing his Samvera Connect workshop, which will use some of the work of the WG, and the group's current efforts are on helping James prepare for that.
- The revived Geospatial Interest Group held a meeting August 14.
- Machine-readable Metadata Modeling Specification (M3) WG
- Julie will check in with them on status. Examples were being worked out. Is spec ready to be shared/applied?
- Roadmap Council update
- Latest meeting 9/17
- Survey next steps - reaching out to those who expressed interest in working on some of the issues.
- Hyrax PO: proposal to SIGHAR and Partners. Working with SIGHAR to refine proposal. Planning on having this done before Connect. The idea: have the PO do the core PO stuff and spread the other tasks around (outreach, etc.)
- Next meeting: Oct. 1
- samvera/hyrax-metadataist question
- Hyrax 3.0.0 rc1 available - https://github.com/samvera/hyrax/releases/tag/v3.0.0-rc1
- There is a list of metadata related changes. Roadmap for this group for what needs to be updated in the metadata application profile.
- Updates needed for Hyrax 3 MAP - https://samvera.github.io/metadata_application_profile.html
- Any other documentation that will need to be updated?
- Small working group to make necessary updates. Ask for volunteers at Samvera Connect?
- Samvera Connect Oct 22-25 - SMIG Meeting and other metadata sessions
- Not sure yet when the WG/IG meetings will take place
- Update (post meeting): Time is being set aside from 3-6pm on Thursday (4/24) for WG/IG meetings. Rooms are reserved until 6, but whether it’ll be a first-come or sign-up situation to book the rooms is still a bit unclear. Planning committee will send out official announcement once they figure it out.
- Next monthly SMIG Meeting will be scheduled and lead by Anna Goslen and Nora Egloff - stay tuned!