Metadata Call 2024-01-23

Time: 2:00pm-3:00pm Eastern

Call-In Info: https://osu.zoom.us/j/92616270540?pwd=VzN6bEVlR3NGbjZDdFNueWpRUVMvQT09

Community Notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iaH6zpXc32K3Llz9uKp8DYN-wqzEo9A6kfHtt4xmpx8/edit?usp=sharing

 

Moderator(s): Annamarie

Notetaker: Emma

Attendees

  • @Juliet Hardesty

  • @Emma Beck

  • @Cara Key

  • @Anna Goslen

  • @Annamarie Klose

  • @Maggie Dickson

  • @Heather Greer Klein

Agenda: 

  • Welcome and introductions, including overview of the group

    • Mostly returning faces (always welcoming to new faces too)

    • Last year did a lot of work on OAI-PMH to create recommendations

    • Welcoming discussion for the community. Feel free to chime-in if there are any things people wish to be discussed

  • Roadmaps Alignment Group update

    • Not many updates. Haven’t met since Dec

    • Working to get valkarized Hyrax in Fedora 6

    • Samvera contracted Softserv to do the other piece. Migration path from Fedora 4 to fedora 6 or postgres

      • This includes the migration of files

    • Meeting this week

  • Dev Congress - Julie is attending. Will loop us in if there is anything relevant

  • Sorting - not something we’re all going to agree on, but maybe something more configurable

  • Heather giving talk at CNI (similar to the one at DLF) and will share the recording once it’s available 

  • Question: How do institutions store/display ORCIDs ( ) and RORs ( )  in their Hyrax repositories? While there is a Hyrax-ORCID gem ( ), there may be other integrations in the community on interest to this group.

    • Trying to make sure Hyrax repository matches Datasite. How to model and store the information

    • ORCID gem is a real integration (was developed for Hyku originally), just looking into where the ORCID/ROR is being stored in data fields

      • University of Cincinnati is maybe using it. University of Virginia might have something 

      • UNC is storing it in nested person records. Interested in setting up RORs in questioning authority

      • Oregon State would like to do something similar at some point

    • Where are persistent identifiers stored - ORCID & DOI which was maybe done on Hyku?

      •  

    • Something to think about is the Valkarized options and the back end options. Possible future options for additional hierarchy 

  • Discuss February's Accessibility Roundtable

    • Julie and Anna will present

    • Still looking for additional presenters

  • Open Discussion

Next meeting: February 27, 2024, 2-3 pm Eastern