|Samvera Partners Call|
|Friday, November 9, 2018|
|11:30 am | Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-05:00) | 1 hr |
|Meeting number: ||737 192 431 |
|Join by phone|
|+1-617-627-6767 US Toll|
|Access code: 737 192 431 |
Code of Conduct
We want Samvera Community to be a fun, informative, engaging event for all our partners and participants. We've got a few strategies to help make this happen:
We encourage everyone to apply the Samvera community principles of openness, inquiry, and respect in their interactions at the event.
We have officially adopted an Anti-Harassment Policy.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to community helpers .
Facilitator: Simeon Warner
Note Taker: rsteans
- Steering progress towards vote on bylaws (Richard Green)
- Roadmap Council Charter (partner vote possibly combined with bylaws vote) (Richard Green)
- Progress towards re-charter of Contributions Working Group (Richard Green)
- Steering progress on charter of a Fundraising Working Group (Richard Green)
- Marketing Working Group status re. feedback for the Samvera FAQ (Chris Awre)
- Plans for Virtual Connect around March/April 2019 (Ryan Steans and Chrissy Rissmeyer)
- Plans for Spring Partner meeting (Jon Dunn, Rosy Metz, Carolyn Caizzi)
- April 15-16 (Mon-Tue) – IUPUI University Library, Indianapolis
- April 18-19 (Thu-Fri) – IUPUI University Library, Indianapolis
- April 29-30 (Mon-Tue) – IUPUI University Library, Indianapolis
- April 29-30 (Mon-Tue) – Emory Libraries, Atlanta
- Hyrax Development - Resources Request and Roadmap (Steve Van Tuyl and Tom Johnson) - requested by December 7
- Hyrax-Valkyrie integration - survey, scope, support (Steve Van Tuyl)
- Rationalization of wiki landing page - specifically moving WG/IG list to a sub-page (Richard Green)
- Samvera & Hyrax Implementations page on Wiki (Nabeela Jaffer)
- Facilitator and Notetaker for December 14 meeting
- December 14 meeting:
- Facilitator: Nabeela Jaffer
- Notetaker: Franny Gaede
- Steering Update - progress on vote on ByLaws (Richard)
- 2 votes are put together into one ballot
- Bylaws - Adopting the lot of Bylaws on block
- Ratify the Roadmap Council Charter
- Start vote on November 20th - close it on December 11 - Wiki Page has links to the ballot
- Contributions WG - Rosalyn is putting together a follow up group
- Fundraising WG - charter - if other people want to join, they are welcome. We currently have 5-6. See Samvera Fundraising Working Group
- looking for "a good sized group" we'll worry about too big of a group when that's a problem
- There is a timeline for deliverables
- Ryan will add here the Wiki page: Samvera Fundraising Working Group
- Marketing WG - Chris Awre -
- Feedback received - if folks have feedback they'd like to provide, we can receive that
- CA will be picking up again - will be looking for additional members to Marketing
- Virtual Connect - Ryan will add notes here
- Working on recruiting - please see emails
- Looking to split into two tracks
- Looking at mid-April
- Spring partner Meeting -
- Usually at Stanford typically in March with LCDX. This year moving the meeting to Indiana (see dates and places above) - would be IUPUI - or late April in Atlanta
- Hotel rates will be in $120-150 in Indianapolis, low $200's in Emory
- Ensure good Videoconference capability for remote participation
- Please let Jon know if that's going to work
- Steve - Hyrax Roadmap and plan
- resourcing ask is out - linked above - messages to the Google Groups and from SIGAHR website on Wiki
- Hoping to get responses by Dec. 7th.
- Will piece together dev teams as much as possible from what we get back.
- If people are already working on something similar - they should let SIGAHR know so that things get aligned
- Hyrax-Valkyrie Integration
- meeting at Connect - determined who is currently using Hyrax and who is developing on Hyrax - how does Valkyrie reflect on that
- Survey out to Community - 10 minutes/ 20 questions
- Folks planning Hyrax survey - what Valkyrie looks like impacts upgrades, etc... make sure you fill out survey so that people will have their needs met. Make sure voices are heard. Respond by Nov. 23rd.
- Resourcing will be planned based on survey.
- Rationalization of Wiki Landing Page - the page is getting huge (Richard)
- Email to partner list - object WG's moving to new page
- Make sure if we move WG's and IG's we highlight - a short paragraph of explanation?
- Richard will do the work and then show folks and if people don't like, we'll revert
- Samvera and Hyrax Implementations Page - (Nabeela)
- One page for Hyrax and one for Samvera - Repo Managers group - put use case studies on the page with description of gems and components used
- Who is working on these pages? Can we consolidate these pages?
- Richard is in support
- any help Nabeela can get - people should help