URI Management Call 2017-02-07

Connection Info:

3-4pm Eastern
+1 (641) 715 3660, access code 651025  

Notetaker: Juliet Hardesty



Agenda and Notes:

  • Functional Requirements doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G2LHArFRW-WdttH_YhNmAjf-Oe9EPZWSZQVap7lenQ8/edit?usp=sharing
    • finalize domain
    • To Do list at end
      • add mock-ups from white paper
      • already handling M1
      • we think we’re OK with M2 (we’re lining up with how rightsstatement.org does its redirects and we’re not dealing with real world objects anyway)
      • OK with E1 since we have human-readable documentation
      • leave E2 alone unless we have use case from community showing need
    • ready to publish first version?
      • preliminarily think we are at a publishable version
  • URI Selection Working Group
    • charter draft
    • no feedback/comments from HMIG yet - ping group again or move forward?
      • send to HMIG for feedback - if there are comments, try talking over email with URI group
      • next week, post charter on wiki and start 2-week sign-up period
        • 2 lists (one for starter group and second for folks interested in coming months)
      • if low numbers sign up, maybe adjust charter numbers and try again
  • Predicate Decision Tree
    • add suggested feedback process from WG charter draft?
      • add comment to say a working group is forming under HMIG and will have a review process defined within that group
    • update publication date/version number?
      • no updates needed
  • Hosting and support
    • share any feedback from Karen
      • Karen checking on domain with DCE
      • talking at Hydra Partners call on Friday for feedback
  • White paper to describe vocab manager - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Q62Hqrd-yChCrfWQ1sxDhPl6CtS-3KrQWX6HdB-ZNQc/edit?usp=sharing
    • ready to publish?
      • move screenshots to end and anchor back and forth
      • if that doesn’t work, reduce the size of screen shot and link to somewhere on wiki
      • not ready to publish but close, needs one more edit review
  • final versions of all documents should live on wiki
    • maybe should include Predicate Decision Tree on wiki even though review process still needs to be defined - don’t want to lose access to this in Google Docs
  • Call up URI Management Working Group for one final meeting on February 21 to get final approval on publishable documents