|Samvera Partners Call|
|Friday, May 8th, 2020|
|11:30 am | Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-05:00) | 1 hr |
|Meeting number: ||737 192 431 |
|Join by phone|
|+1-617-627-6767 US Toll|
|Access code: 737 192 431 |
Code of Conduct
We want Samvera Community to be a fun, informative, engaging event for all our partners and participants. We've got a few strategies to help make this happen:
We encourage everyone to apply the Samvera community principles of openness, inquiry, and respect in their interactions at the event.
We have officially adopted an Anti-Harassment Policy.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to community helpers .
Facilitator: Richard Green
Note Taker: Michael Korcynski
- Additions to today's agenda
- UCSB led effort to remove AF from Hyrax and instead use Wings, if anyone can speak to this?
- Next call - June 12, 2020
- Timetable for 2020 Steering Group elections
- Details coming in an email next week.
- May solicit nominations for 3 steering seats
- Jon Dunn, Robin Ruggaber, Chris Awre are stepping down
- anyone can nominate, get people's permission before you nominate them, or nominate yourself
- Bios and Statements from nominees in early June
- Mid-June announce candidates and voting
- 3 weeks to vote
- July 6th results
- Would be healthy for the community if new people stepped up for these positions.
- Virtual Connect: 14-15 May
- Registration info was promoted this week across various channels
- Practice session on the 13th for presenters.
- Sessions will be recorded for those who can't attend synchronously.
- End of Day 2 will be a discussion of how we might run annual Connect in the fall.
- Governance review - follow up plans
- Thanks to everyone who joined the virtual partner meeting.
- Full notes on the wiki
- A questionnaire is coming that will allow people who weren't on the call to share their views, or further views from attendees.
- Will also be sent to other communities Samvera interacts with.
- DPLA Partnership
- Resigned their Samvera Partnership
- No longer using Samvera or any of our software
- UCSD led effort to remove AF from Hyrax and instead use Wings, if anyone can speak to this? (Simeon)
- Important to be able to use Hyrax over future Fedora's and over other storage engines.
- Work on Valkyrization has been stalled since earlier this year.
- Jessica from UCSD presented on restarting the work.
- Get AF out of the Hyrax Dependencies directly
- Has there been a response to the request to help or are they intending to help?
- Need more specifics to know what would be helpful.
- General idea to upgrade and submit tickets, may not be clear enough to generate help?
- Maybe more obvious to devs and people on the ground?
- A lot of people are interested in the effort, but need a more specific ask.