- to enable reuse of software
What does this mean?
- make functions smaller to allow recomposition of heads
How to do it?
- extract: refactor
- reconnect: reincorporate / test st against orig. code base in orig environment...
- implement elsewhere: has it been adopted / integrated by anyone else? (e.g., incorporated into new heads)
- create test suite
- create docs
Create columns on the table:
- Implemented Elsewhere?
- Test suite? <y/n>
- RCov testing (% coverage)
What happened in the last quarter?
- sufia genericModels
- collectionBuilder (PSU taking from NU, but differences in modelling b/t MODS and RDF)
Still need to:
- reincorporate sufia genericModels into ScholarSphere
- need pro-tips, best practices, etc. on "how to gemify" --> especially for Rails newbies
- add columns to the gemification table
- create a "how to write good tests" course module
- Jeremy says he'll serve as testing quality concierge / oracle. Send him questions and he'll advise
- testing for AF is particularly challenging
- x-link with the list in the wiki for "Gems that Are Being Used"
- keep table up to date. How?
- modify one column to be "who wants this?"
- modify one column to be "who can work on this?"
- modify one column to be "who is working on this?"
- be sure to announce that you're diving into a gem
- be sure to review the list at Hydra Partner meetings
- Rick will massage table further