Meeting Dates: 14-16 Feb 2011
Start Time: 11 AM - 11:30 AM Monday
End Time: Lunch on Weds
Steering Group Meeting June 2011 Agenda and Notes
- Cross partner updates on local development (Libra, Hydrus, HiH, Hypatia, HyGall, Northwestern Collections Head).. update from code4lib
- Media A/V (New Caledonian U, Variations on Video)
Objectives for 2011 Calendar Year
Positioning Hydra relative to other projects: Omeka (this is especially important to understand, given the Notre Dame presentation at C4L which to some extent duplicates a significant amount of functionality and connections contained in Omeka and its Fedora/Solr/etc plugins), CollectionSpace, ContentDM, Islandora.
- DuraSpace & Fedora, Development path on DSpace
- Accommodating Local Variations:
- Framing dialogue around workflow
- Microservices & Hydra ... Hydra "micro" services
- developer norms: test coverage, continuous integration, deploys, Rdocs, etc.
- see Project Blacklight's community principles for relevant example
- knowledge transfer & technical discussions among developers (https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/hydra/Knowledge+Transfer+Topics\)
- Hydra Community Structure and Governance Groups – further definition
1:30 - 3:30 PM: Hypatia - AIMS Technology Development (Tuesday Afternoon)
- Functional Requirements
- Procedural overviews (HOWTOs)
- Epic, Story, Task ticket syntax, etc.
- Use cases, usage scenarios, mock ups, workflow diagrams – examples\
3:30 - 4:30: Administrative sets & object:collections discussion in Hydrus
- what are use cases?
- Who is currently implementing? How?
- what attributes, policies are in an "admin set"
- what data, policies, attributes need to be controlled outside this?
- what does the UI need to support?
- strong definitions for "collection" v. "set" v. "admin class" v. ???
- Hypatia Technical Planning
- Papers (deadline 28 Feb)
- Workshop for OR11?
- Hydra Public Face (& Web Site)
- External Messaging
- FESL Round 2, Authz planning (w/ Adam)
- Hydra Partners
- Revisiting Hydra Technical Objectives
Infrastructure Tickets (see Google Doc discussed at 1/7/11 Steering Group call)
Short Term, Critical
- Jira Cleanup (closing old tickets, etc.) – who, how, when – Bess + Matt => Committers
- replace Hydrangea w/ unbranded Libra – Molly & Julie
- (will address default styles/themes for Hydrangea)
- upgrade to Rails3 (and splitting up code)
- BL -> Rails 3 is underway (Dan Funk + BL committers)
- Hydra -> Rails 3 (Hydra_repository, Hydrangea_article, Hydrangea_dataset) – Bess (1 of 3) + Committers
- rewrite tests
- rewrite install procedure
- cleaning up genericContent implementation – see genericContent in JIRA – Willy & Matt
- cleaning up contentMD – see contentMetadata – Willy & Matt
- Hudson / Jenkins – EC2 (MediaShelf & Bess)
- Updating AF to support 3.4 (3-5 hours) – Adam/Tim
- Updating Jetty to have Fedora 3.4 (1.5 hours) – Adam/Tim
- Optimizing (underway – Julie)
- Security Review – Julie
- rightsMD to FESL/XACML conversion
- "Migrations" (similar to Rails/ActiveRecord Database Migrations)
- Updating AF to support disseminators (2 days)