|Samvera Partners Call (May 2018)|
|Friday, May 11, 2018|
|11:30 am | Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-05:00) | 1 hr |
|Meeting number: ||737 192 431 |
|Join by phone|
|+1-617-627-6767 US Toll|
|Access code: 737 192 431 |
Code of Conduct
We want Samvera Community to be a fun, informative, engaging event for all our partners and participants. We've got a few strategies to help make this happen:
We encourage everyone to apply the Samvera community principles of openness, inquiry, and respect in their interactions at the event.
We have officially adopted an Anti-Harassment Policy.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to community helpers .
Facilitator: Chris Awre
Note Taker: Mike Korcynski
- SGWG update - an update on ongoing activity (Ryan Steans)
- Open Repositories - to share what's happening re: Samvera at OR2018 and make plans re: promotion (Various - please chip in)
Avalon is presenting on a panel -- Avalon update about integrating community work, and WGBH.
WGBH is reporting on its Avalon project.
Notre Dame, WGBH, Penn State, Indiana talking about what its like to work in the Samvera community -- successes and challenges
Workshop on Intro to Samvera -- Mark Bussey, Robin, Karen Cariani
Esme presenting on Valkerie
Panel on Fedora's relationship to Samvera
Mark Bussey and DCE will have a table at OR and happy to act as a home for promotional materials the community would like to make available. Share with Mark by May 30th, he will print for you.
Brian McKnight from Utah will have some promotional materials for SamveraConnect available at OR.
- Samvera Marketing WG - to describe this new group and its role (Chris Awre)
See list email from earlier this week. Creating a WG in the next week or so.
If you know of anyone else interested in this side of Samvera, please do encourage them to sign up.
Aims of the WG is to consider what we may be able to do for OR, but also to work towards settings a set of marketing materials that can be used at Connect and beyond.
Target audience is members of the wider academic community and beyond. (New Users) Also, internal audiences within our own institutions, explaining what Samvera offers and why participation is worthwhile.
- Samvera Connect (virtual and physical) - an update on planning
- Meeting regularly, call for proposals is out. Amount of content will be limited given its only a 3 hour meeting but please submit ideas.
- Date decision coming soon, looking at two dates depending on presenters.
- Andrew -- continuing to meet regularly, call for workshops got good response. Been in touch with all submitters.
- Workshops should be confirmed in 2 weeks.
- Call for Panels after May 25th. Panels people would like to see, and those people would like to present.
- Host committee met recently as well, reservations in place. Richard interested in seeing an announcement at OR for SC.
- Registration should open in time for OR, without a full schedule yet.
- Utah put together a local website for logistical matters with good information.
- OAI developments - an update from recent work at Hull (Anusha Ranganathan)
- providing an OAI service for Hull, extension of Blacklight OAI Provider, built by Cottage Labs
- Forked UNC libraries version.
- Added features for filtering records.
- developed a standalone OAI server based on Blacklight, not along with Hyrax.
- extensions to Blacklight OAI provider will go back to the community.
Next Meeting: June 8th is during OR --Chris will email the partners list and propose we change date.
Facilitator: TBD pending date
Note Taker: TBD pending date