Dial: +1 (641) 715 3660
Access Code: 651025#
sanderson (Boston Public Library)
Margaret Mellinger (Oregon Digital / Oregon State University)
Agenda & Notes
Rick Johnson (Notre Dame)
Carolyn Caizzi (Northwestern)
Sheila Rabun (University of Oregon)
Margaret Mellinger (Oregon Digital / Oregon State University)
Jon Stroop Princeton
- @steven anderson (BPL)
asconrad (Royal Library)
wgcowan (Indiana University)
Eliot Jordan (Princeton)
- Simeon Warner (Cornell)
- John Weise (Michigan)
Tom Cramer (Stanford)
Chris Awre (Hull)
- Drew Myers (WGBH)
Lakeisha Robinson (Yale)
- Welcome New Folks
- Call for Agenda Items
- Next call
- Date: March 11th, 2016
- Facilitator: TBA
- Notetaker: Mark Matienzo
- Hydra-in-a-Box project hydrainabox.org
- Design requirements and specifications sub-team has coded all of the user interviews and focus groups, doing further analysis. Stanford will work on a preliminary HyBox sprint based on Sufia 7 with the aim of getting a working prototype going by Open Repositories.
- Specification work happened at the Developer Congress
- Mark Matienzo will provide a more through update via email.
- Discuss items on Power Steering identified for discussion during Hydra Connect 2015
- (see https://waffle.io/projecthydra-labs/power-steering) / (see also https://github.com/projecthydra-labs/power-steering/issues), "Partner Calls"; not all items need be discussed this call; facilitator should determine based on time
- Agenda up on Hydra wiki and nominations for members of Power Steering
- Standing Community to-do's
- Reports back from meetings (if any)
- Developers Congress at UCSD
- Jon Stroop - 25 developers for 2.5 days. Best place to get a distillation of what went on is on the wiki. What can we share, what can we take apart and reuse.
More work on Sufia UI design/redesign. Jon will send out the link to the wiki.
- Q: is there a step by step guide for getting Sufia running on AWS?
- No, but stay tuned
Geo4LibCamp 2016 (Jan. 25-27, 2016): gem GeoConcerns will be worked on at this camp
- Elliot (Princeton) reported on the inaugural Geo4LibCamp - this was an unconference, organized by Darren Hardy at Stanford. Developers, managers, and librarians attended in about equal measure. Strong focus on Hydra and Geo Blacklight. Good opportunity to GeoConcerns Gem. PCDM geospatial models to hydra
- 3rd week of march there will be a sprint on the GeoConcerns.
- RDF and Geospatial Metadata elements were talked about, and there was general agreement that would be a good topic for the Geospatial Interest Group
- Next Partner and dev-centric meetings
- Hydra Connect 2016 (Oct. 3-6, 2016)
- Regional Planning Committee met yesterday to discuss logistics, but nothing new to report at this time. Planning ongoing.
- Stanford Developer Congress (March 24th-25th)
- Mike Giarlo is the local host; this event follows LDCX and is happening in parallel with Hydra Power Steering. An eventbrite is up, not sure of how many signups there have been. Current plan is to form the event around the interests and time dedication of those who show up - free form at this point. If there is a big group there will be a bit of structure and activity, so that people don't spend the first day figuring out what they want to do. Look for an email from Mike about sign up details and logistics.
- Michigan Developer Congress (May or June)
- Narrowed down to May dates, working on logistics and will say more soon.
- There is a IIIF event in NYC May 10 -13. There may be some overlap between this and the Dev. Congress.
- A question arose about the frequency of this type of meeting. With them happening every 2-3 months is there any concern about burnout or the inability for institutions to send people? There do seem to be a lot of topics moving forward that lend themselves to collaborative development. Getting a sense of the focus of any one of these meetings would help with planning to send people. Call for proposed topics for each of the meetings has happened as the meetings are set up. Jon noted that it's possible that the more of these we have, the less important they may become.
- Power Steering group has talked about this topic and looking at the cadence and location of these meetings. Coordinating across the meetings.
- Will there be any carryover between these meetings? Take a look at what's happened in the previous meetings and propose that they be addressed - raise these on Hydra Tech. Build energy around specific topics in advance.
- Any remote participation possible? Up to the breakout groups. If a topic surfaced, pull people in at that point.
- Both Stanford and Michigan were open to the idea of remote participation, if enough people expressed interest - contact the organizers.
- Fedora Camp at CalTech in April
- Regional meetings
- West Coast regional meeting (Friday, February 26, 2016)
- Adding topics of interest to the agenda, brainstorming it now. If anyone is not going to the meeting, feel free to add topics.
- Hydra Europe event in April (potentially cohosted with Europeana)
- No further details at the moment, hopefully more details by our next call in March.
- Hydra Camp - February 22-25, 2016 - UC Santa Barabara - https://hydracamp-ucsb-2016.eventbrite.com
- Looks like 10 tickets remaining.
- Anyone willing to host a fall Hydra Camp? Reach out to Mark Bussey
- Dive into Hydra, Dive Deeper into Hydra, & Blacklight opportunities at Code4Lib 2016
- Reports from Interest & Working Groups (Please post a 1-2 sentence note of your update before the meeting just in case someone can't make the call):
Samvera Archivists Interest Group
Samvera DevOps Interest Group
Samvera Digital Preservation Interest Group
- Call yesterday and the conversation led to forming working groups to bring back to Connect in October. Look at the wiki pages for the ideas that have been generated.
Samvera User Experience Interest Group
Hydra Web Presence Working Group
Hydra Service Management Interest Group
- Call yesterday. Revisit idea of a survey to send out to community in March to see how the group might function in a way that will benefit everyone. Don't have a call scheduled, part of the survey will be to gather information on what would work best for regular meetings.
Samvera Metadata Interest Group
Samvera Applied Linked Data Interest Group ()
MODS and RDF Descriptive Metadata Subgroup ()
Samvera Time-based Media Interest Group
Samvera Metrics Interest Group
- Fedora 3 to 4 Migration Interest Group
Samvera Geospatial Interest Group
Samvera GIS Data Modeling Working Group
- Scheduling a sprint for geoconcerns projects. Targeting Open Repositories as a date for having a functional prototype.
Sufia Documentation for Managers Working Group (SDMWG - "sdimwig")
- Sufia UI Working Group
- Wireframes presented at Dev. Congress in UCSD and feedback given for further work on the Sufia UI. Lynette Rayle is doing a fantastic job on this, along with several others on the group.
Hydra Triple Store Interest Group
Chris Awre noted that the Steering Group in January had some ideas about getting updates from groups and how to do this more efficiently. This is a topic for a future call.
- Prospective Partner Intel Sharing
- (details not included in notes)
- Any other old or new business