Draft Scope & Objectives
We share approaches, work-in-progress, and finished code aimed at using external linked data in our applications. We coordinate development efforts where possible.
Current and past focal points of discussion / activity:
- Linked Data Fragments server (ActiveTriples/ldf)
- caching to allow for high availability URI resolution
- querying to allow for data mirrors or remote downtime stop-gap strategies
- Questioning Authority (projecthydra/questioning_authority)
- querying linked data endpoints
- integration with LDF (curationexperts/qa-ldf)
- Indexing - keeping index updated in conjunction with ldf cache
- Navigation / Cataloger UI - providing context above and beyond autocomplete
- Linked data predicate range issues
- Recommendations on which Linked Data vocabularies to use that should remain around.
Out of scope:
- Long term preservation of Linked Data.
Meeting Times & Communication Channels
Time: Third Wednesday each month at 12:00 PM Pacific / 3:00 PM Eastern. Next Meeting October 18, 2017.
Call-In Info: Current meeting hangout link: https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/gv3gejk2am4xggnpntydvheh3aa
Backup conference line if the hangout isn't working: 712-775-7035 (Access Code: 960009).
Updates and announcements will be sent to hydra-community, hydra-tech, and islandora lists.
- Anna Headley, facilitator (CHF)
- Chrissy Rissmeyer (UC Santa Barbara)
- Ryan Johnson (UC San Diego)
- Tom Johnson (Data Curation Experts)
- Arwen Hutt (UC San Diego)
- Zach Schoenberger (University of Alberta)
- Eric O'Hanlon (Columbia University)
- Julie Allinson (University of York)
- Lynette Rayle (Cornell)
- bess (Data Curation Experts)
- Huda Khan (Cornell)
- Ryan Wick (Oregon Digital / Oregon State University)
- James Griffin (Princeton University)
- Your Name Here (institution)