Using more RDF enables greater "shareability" of terms
PennState is using RDF for authority control
What are our intentions?
- can ActiveFedora be leverage more?
- can we publish URIs in order to effect linked data or linking to DOIs?
- ND is very focused on research data.
- storing metadata as serialized rdf for greater flexibility
- Hull seems to be getting around the issue by adding extra fields to mods
- Some experimentation with using RDF as a way to express RDA instead of MARC.
- LoC has indicated that RDF is a promising lead
- linking scientific terminologies together into ontologies
- data.gov is exploring this
- Cray, IBM, Google are putting a lot of hardware research into improving speed of rdf