Garrick Van Buren
- New Cucumber Rake Tasks (John)
- Hydrangea fixes (Fitz)
- Coordinating Releases and Fixes on all components (Fitz)
- Hudson (Eddie)
- Hypatia Requirements Update
- ActiveFedora Gemfile fix (1.2.9)
- Quality Control – hudson, rspec, cucumber
New Cucumber Rake Tasks (John)
rake cucumber:core_only # Run features NOT tagged with @local
rake cucumber:local_only # Run features tagged with @local
rake cucumber:local_plus_core # Run all features except those tagged with @overwritten
We will post more on the wiki about how to use these.
Facets were not showing up
This was just a change in Blacklight config
Overrides not being loaded properly
Jessie's Fix: using require_dependency
- works but requires you to turn off class caching
Middleware fix: John
Coordinating Releases and Fixes on all components
What is the best practice for contributing fixes/changes?
Versioned Releases of Hydrangea
- git tags
- version numbers (that can be displayed in UI) – Matt (look at BL master first)
We should document the recommended practice of naming branches, opting in to get your changes reviewed before merging. Matt will work on this.
For on the fly help, use #blacklight irc channel to find people
Rails version should be specifically 2.3.5 – Jessie might have already done this.
Request to share notes on how to set up Hudson for Hydra heads (put on wiki).
Fitz will write this up.
Hypatia Requirements Update
Google Docs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-dVn6pRLegKAtakpNIsT-5mqIyYuLJCebaBvQxI1TDQ/edit?hl=en&authkey=CI3SvuAC
Making good progress. Doing final editing of Requirements. Aiming to finalize by the end of next week for Steering Group Meeting at UVa. Might start entering Tickets into Hypatia jira over the next week.
ActiveFedora Gemfile fix (1.2.9)
Go ahead and do a release.
Hudson: https://sul-hudson1.stanford.edu/ (requires stanford VPN access)
rcov will give us reports on rspec coverage, but how can we ensure cucumber coverage?
Committers: Don't add any new features that don't have cucumber coverage.
In addition to RSpec for functional tests, you must write cucumber tests for UX-level stuff
- need step definitions
Stanford Argus (staff interface to repository & workflows) coming along
- all objects & workflow indexed
- looks pretty good, needs UI refinements
- work was slower than hoped – a lot of time eaten up fixing Hydrangea (was buggy at beginning of year)
HyGall coming along. Ready to demo at Code4Lib