Call-In Info: +1 (641) 715 3660, access code 651025
Juliet Hardesty (Indiana University)
mcmillwh (Univ. of Cincinnati)
- Subgroup reports
- Descriptive Working Group
- questions about timeline and goals
- unsure about how work on application profile lines up with developer timeline
- MODS and RDF Descriptive Metadata Subgroup
- met on 11/16 - notes
- went over NYPL-specific local genre resolution, decided not to support an official mapping
- looked at MODS OriginInfo Dates elements
- considering EDTF vs edm:TimeSpan for mapping to MODS dates
- conversion code is in progress
- ActiveFedora doesn't support RDF literals with language qualifiers
- can be tested at http://mods2rdf.xyz/uploads
- Applied Linked Data Working Group
- met last week -
Applied Linked Data Call 2015-11-12
- discussed atomic update issue
- agreed to use a patch to exclude certain fields from results - SOLR issue
- recommended members test SOLR by applying patch to it
- discussed metadata enrichment interface -
- Minting Linked Data URIs / Hosting Linked Data Vocabulary
when a locally-constructed controlled vocabulary (that would be used in the object position of triples) needs to be made into URIs online, how can it be hosted in a URL location?
- one possibility is OpaqueNamespace by Oregon
- Segment of a File Working Group
- started draft of recommendation based on recommendations of open annotation for using fragment selectors
- defining use cases for incorporating open annotation recommendations into hydra/fedora space
- Issues / Questions
- Review Metadata IG Requests and Priorities
rights recommendation - still listed as a draft. Julie will move to completed work.
- Best practices for minting URIs
- Questions re: is this dealing with the question hydra developers had when they were trying to figure out minting URIs?
- if they weren't able to find a namespace for what they want to describe in a predicate, what should they use?
the recommendation was to use opaque namespace and use predicates there)
- are we talking about best practices for minting URIs for controlled vocabularies?
- the origin of this request is unknown
- Additional Items
- Action Items
- Julie will check with Karen for info on the origin of the requests re: best practices for minting URIs and the handling of blank nodes in Fedora
- Phone numbers on wiki pages to be updated