Time: 1:00pm EDT / 10:00am PDT
New Hangout Link: https://hangouts.google.com/call/bat5imirxfdzbkeq23uze2ljzae
Moderator: mcmillwh (U. of Cincinnati)
Notetaker: Corey Harper (NYU)
Attendees: Arwen Hutt (UCSD), sanderson (BPL)
- Data modeling pain points document update
- MODS/RDF prototype update
- Metadata discussion on hydra-tech list (PCDM, RelatedObjects, and Sufia (oh my!))
- Metadata issues that came up on Slack (around June 3)
- http://rightsstatements.org/en/ - How are different institutions approaching it?
- Action Items
- Data Modeling Pain Points Updates:
- UCSD: Moved focus recently away from data modeling stuff. No updates.
- UCSB: Chrissy and Arwen talked, and also not looking at data modeling lately
- NYU also steered away from data modeling and vocabularly selection.
- Probably will _not_ be a deliverable for Hydra Connect
- Maybe a lightning talk &/or breakout session
- MODS & RDF Prototype?
- Hasn't progressed much yet
- Maybe a big update coming up before Monday's RDF meeting?
- Best format to share is probably documentation.
- Steven will provide some info for Desc MD review
- PCDM/Sufia & Metadata Slack Convo?
- Punted on this due to lack of Sufia / PCDM knowledge on call
- May be worth asking someone from Sufia to join future call to update Metadata IG / Desc WG on relationship modeling decisions?
- Rights statements
- UCSD looking at using URIs instead of string values here - ended up not implementing rights statement.org
- Also looking at how to manage where rights statements.org statements not matching / available.
- Many values were targeted more towards aggregators. UCSD needed to represent a wider range of restricted use items than rightsstatement.org could accommodate.
- They ended up using some URIs from Europeana
- BPL also looking to do work here?
- Ask at next meeting if there is interest in looking into this further - getting feedback on how various institutions have approached it.
- Add PCDM/Sufia conversation to agenda for next meeting
- Add Rightsstatement.org to agenda for next meeting