Committers Call 2012-06-04


  • Moderator: Justin Coyne (MediaShelf)
  • Notetaker: Adam Wead (Rockhall)
  • Mike Stroming (NWU)
  • Ben (Columbia)
  • Stanfordians
    • Naomi Dushay
    • Jessie Keck
    • Chris Beer

Next meeting's notetaker and moderator

June 11

  • Moderator: Justin Coyne
  • Notetaker: Mike Stroming


  1. Call for Agenda items
  2. recent emails to the list ; topics raised in IRC
    1. None
  3. AF release 4.2
    1. Justin's added "a bunch of stuff"
    2. Giarlo's RDF datastream things
    3. bug fixes from Chris
    4. cloning objects
    5. Ben: it's been a month since the last release, so it's time. Justin will help with release notes
    6. Ben will make more comments during Jira wrangling
  4. HH release
    1. Jessie: Pin to AF 4.2? No major updates so a new release may be unneeded
    2. Justin: HH currently using deprecated code – wait on fixing the dep. warnings before releasing
  5. Hyhead deprecation messages
    1. Naomi: Modules are putting out the warning messages
    2. Chris: proposed to do this at the method level
    3. Justin: this could break super-user attributes; remove the superuser stuff in your own head (Chris)
    4. Naomi: Use Chris' gem to move the module warnings to the method level
    5. Chris and Naomi will try to get this done before the meeting
  6. Hydra Partners meeting
    2. Hyhead (model and lib dir) refactor
      1. deprecation practices
  7. very near term work
    1. Chris' deprecation gem: needs to be used instead of Rails' own because of the way the messages are formatted, always including the word "Rails"
  8. Jira
    1. Unassigned Version tickets no more – let's assign versions to 5 of them this call:
    2. Jira Weekly Round up from Sprint for June 4 (today):