Committers Call 2012-05-07


  • Moderator: Justin Coyne (MediaShelf)
  • Notetaker: Adam Wead (Rock n Roll, baby!)

Roll Call

  • Adam Wead (Rockhall)
  • Mike S. (NW)
  • Justin (MediaShelf)
  • Ben (Columbia)
  • Jessie
  • Naomi
  • Chris
  • Michael Klein

Next meeting's notetaker and moderator

Next meeting May 14, 2012
moderator: Naomi
notetaker: Mike S.


  1. Call for Agenda items
  2. Improve Ease Of New Installer (e.g. Janna hitting so many issues)
    1. "Out of the box tour" is out of date.
      1. Adam W. will fix the rake task that loads the AF fixtures
      2. Janna's notes to the list indicate that some of the current models don't match up with the documentation. Naomi brought up the point that there should be some changes to the code as well as the documentation to "meet up in the middle."
      3. Matt Z. will send an email to her explaining some other resources and mixins to use.
    2. 4.0.1 release?
      1. Get 4.0.1 out now, put 4.0.2 out soon after with additional bug fixes
      2. Naomi: how can we avoid this in the future? Justin: More tests... Cucumber or Rspec
      3. Use capybara, and possibly capybara-webkit, for testing issues with displaying pages
      4. Jessie: have a basic set of cucumber tests for the default app
      5. Matt Z. have less UI involvement so we're not dependent on development UI items at all
  3. Ruby version: 1.8 and 1.9? 1.8 OR 1.9?
    1. solrizer at 1.8
    2. hudson builds and coverage stats
    3. Justin: Chris will get this working in Hudson, things should work under both 1.8 and 1.9.
  4. Recent emails to the list
    1. multiple keywords on a mods asset
    2. multiple topics on generic content
    3. jquery.form.js
    4. Jessie: will be looking into this, and we should decide whether to remove JQuery completely or not. This will be better answered once the model code refactor is complete.
  5. Model code Refactor
    1. Matt will email to the list about this... will take place during office hours.
  6. Edit forms for existing models.
    1. Jessie: Will wail until after the model code refactor, but the edit views are done three different ways. They should be consistent.
  7. very near term work
    1. merge in access_controls (for 4.1.0?)
    2. nothing needs to be deprecated or changed. Will probably get merged in 4.1
  8. Plans to fix Hudson Builds
    1. need new sqlite for hydra
    2. need to install bundler for active_fedora
    3. need better box
      1. Chris has asked blacklight if we can use one of their VMs
    4. do we need more people with access to box?
      1. Above issues will get fixed in the migration to the new VM
  9. Jira
    1. Unassigned Version tickets no more – let's assign versions to 5 of them this call:
    2. Jira Weekly Round up from Sprint for May 7 (today):