2019-03-21 Meeting Notes

Meeting information

Thursday March 21st 10am GMT / 12pm ET / 9am PT



  • Chris Awre

  • Harriet Green

  • Karen Estlund

  • Robin Ruggaber

  • Rosalyn Metz

  • Tim McGeary

  • Charlotte Nunes


  • Review the data collected from the forms

Discussion items

5 minRoll call and housekeepingRosalyn
  • Roll call
  • Review action items from last meeting
20 minReview of data collected from Financial Contribution FormAll
25 min

Review of data collected from Institutional Contribution Form

  • What needs to change about the form?
  • How would we get to a discount model?
5 minNext stepsRosalyn
  • Review action items
  • Do we need another meeting?


Discussion centered primarily on whether or not the contribution model should be a requirement of partnership or just a suggestion for partners. If it is a requirement, what are the things that we are able to offer partners.  If it isn't a requirement, then what does that mean for the community's goal to hire a staff member and do we even need a discount model.  We touched on different contribution models, IIIF, Fedora, ArchivesSpace, Dryad's forthcoming model, etc.  

We were unable to get to the second agenda item.  

Action items


  • Type your task here, using "@" to assign to a user and "//" to select a due date


  •  Rosalyn Metz: throw some dollar numbers on the bands, consider some of the conversation and items from above when updating those bands.
  • Rosalyn Metz: update the contribution model; put the amount each institution would pay into a spreadsheet
  • Charlotte Nunes: identify a method for reporting contribution