2019-02-25 Meeting Notes

Meeting information

Monday February 25th 5pm GMT / 12pm ET / 9am PT



  • Chris Awre

  • Harriet Green

  • Karen Estlund

  • Robin Ruggaber

  • Rosalyn Metz

  • Tim McGeary

  • Charlotte Nunes


  • Review the draft contribution model 

Discussion items

5 minRoll call and housekeepingRosalyn
  • Review action items from last meeting
45 min

Review of the draft model

  • What is our target number?
    • 1 FTE
    • Operating expenses
    • Buffer
  • What are the concerns for this model?
    • It's not flexible enough and doesn't take into consideration how we operate. Something like the Carnegie Classification or JSTOR Classification would be better
  • How can we address these concerns?
    • Remove FTE and include JSTOR classification
    • Expand the budget to have more bands
    • We discussed providing a discount, perhaps through reporting contributions. Folks could report if they want/need to.
  • Are we ok with a separate model for vendors?
    • Yes, but we'll cross that bridge later.
5 minNext stepsRosalyn
  • Review action items
  • Identify agenda for next meeting

Action items


  • Rosalyn Metz: update the contribution model; put the amount each institution would pay into a spreadsheet
  • Charlotte Nunes: identify a method for reporting contribution 


  •  Rosalyn Metz: throw some dollar numbers on the bands, consider some of the conversation and items from above when updating those bands.