2021-04-01 Samvera Helpers Meet-up

Samvera Helpers Meet-up

Thursday, April 1, 2021

11:30 am  |  Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-05:00)  |  1 hr 

Join by phone

Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +18333021536,,393158590# or +16507249799,,393158590#

Or Telephone:
Dial: +1 650 724 9799 (US, Canada, Caribbean Toll) or +1 833 302 1536 (US, Canada, Caribbean Toll Free)

Meeting ID: 393 158 590
Password: 568290


  • @Hannah Frost

  • @Simeon Warner (will be a few minutes late)

  • @Kevin Kochanski

  • @Heather Greer Klein

  • @Brian McBride

  • @Alicia M. Morris

  • @Jon Cameron

  • @Nabeela Jaffer

  • @Rosalyn Metz

Discussion topics and notes

  • Notetaker: Rosalyn

  • Action Item Review (copied from March 1 meeting notes)

@Hannah Frost and @Jessica Hilt to work on a VC21 presentation proposal and share here for feedback [UPDATE: proposal accepted]
@Heather Greer Klein will let Annalee know we’re looking at a separate group what will review drafts etc (Helper committee vs. CoC committee) AND consult on “Responder” role naming [UPDATE: good idea to distinguish between helpers and CoC teams; be explicit that it is a CoC response team; responder role is a good idea]
Charter this WG and formalize it before the next meeting @Jessica Hilt




Action items

@Heather Greer Klein message Annalee and see where we are with the code of conduct
@Rosalyn Metz look for facebook community guidelines
@Hannah Frost to create a new slack channel #saftey-wg
touch base with the list of helpers and let them know that this work is ongoing and ask if folks are interested in continuing to be incident responders or would prefer to be event based helpers [wait on the first draft – assign later]
@Hannah Frost and @Alicia M. Morris start a draft of deliverable #1 in the charter
@Hannah Frost to schedule a monthly meeting on the first week of the month for between now and October


  1. @Heather Greer Klein and @Alicia M. Morris are going to present the CoC to the community at Virtual Connect.