Join Zoom Meeting
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,253930403# US (New York)
+16699006833,,253930403# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 253 930 403
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ac94I82xyH
Join by SIP
Join by H.323
18.104.22.168 (US West)
22.214.171.124 (US East)
126.96.36.199 (Hong Kong)
Meeting ID: 253 930 403
Note Taker: Adam J. Arling - notes in (italics)
Program details on wiki here
- Changes to the agenda?
- Local Host Updates Emily Stenberg Mollie Webb
- Registration - 136 total as of 10/2/19; did have 1 cancellation
- T-shirt -ordering October 1 or 2
- Sponsorship - Ordering EBSCO bag this week or next. Awaiting checks from Ubiquity, Notch8. Getting logos, etc – Mollie Webb (EBSCO doesn't need a table)
- Rooms - Olin room for Developer Congress is not a computer lab. Will confirm space ASAP.
When to assign workshops to rooms? When to assign panels/presentations to rooms?
Meeting with Knight Center October 3.
- Volunteers - have local volunteers. Will share sign-up to Connect page for attendees. (Volunteer sign up page will be ready by next week, not tomorrow)
- Other items?
- Speaker permission(s) form in Drive at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HYqHLuH--k5YMKH8sxOblF6iv0VnpcEnl88x00BDTvo/edit (Print and make available for Wednesday morning speakers to sign)
(Last year, most attendees registered Tuesday morning. Pad the workshop counts, if people register for a workshop at registration?)
- Closing plenary session Jessica Hilt
- What will this consist of?
- retrospective, sharing and processing an event (liked, learned, lacked, longed for) - Jessica Hilt can facilitate
- Samvera Connect 2020 - Chrissy will present.
( Confirmed the 4 "L"s as structure of generating content.
Organize into groups of 4-5 (small groups)? How do people group up, self-organize, or random? Probably self organize?
Everyone writes down ideas, then the group breaks up post-it notes into similar groupings.
Participants have a full stack of note cards each.
Color coded for the 4 "L"s?
Give an introduction to clarify what the 4 "L"s mean and how they'll be used.
Address feedback from last year's conference, give newcomers an opportunity to ask questions? "What is anyone 'lost' about"?
Needs: Note takers? People to help hand out items? )
- Unconference Scheduling Discussion
- Starting Thursday afternoon?
(Offering a one hour block Thursday would be helpful. Working / Interest groups here? How about 1-2 slots Thursday afternoon for Working / Interest Groups? 4pm slot start (after sessions). If people need a Working / Interest group slot, it goes in Sessionizer. )
- Extend time Friday AM, push back closing plenary?. Olin 142 (Plenary room) is reserved until 2 pm on Friday.
(Friday session proposed start at 9am - room will open at 8am. Assuming people will start filtering out after 12 noon on Friday to catch flights. Unconference - keep all blocks same amount of time. 3 unconference sessions were scheduled last year. Slot times are ~ 50 minutes, or have been in the past. )
How are unconference topics proposed? Via software...so people know in advance.
All unconference requests should be submitted by end of lunch (1:45pm) on Thursday.
(Everything goes into a bucket, and Sessionizer does the priorities based on signups)
- WG/IG Wednesday session
- Status check - 4 submissions
- Workshop registrations
- Status check - 62 submissions
- Lightning talks
- Status check - 6 submissions
- Poster Session
- Status check - 3 submissions
( Will emphasize this in future emailings. Free printing ends in 2 weeks. )
- Sessionizer Aaron Collier
- Status check
- Thoughts on making sessionizer available 1 week before conference? We have received some emails regarding scheduling WG/IG meetings
- Mentor program
- Status check
- Program Slides and Notes
- Encourage all participants to store their presentation/workshop slides/documents in the SC19 Google Drive share
- Workshop/presentation notes for each event
(Set up Google doc for note taking in each session? Helpful for future / historical reference. If someone is willing to set up the Google docs, sounds like interest and benefit to it.)
- Open discussion
- Future Meetings:
- October, 16 (absent Karen)
(Meet next week to go over room assignments? Or at least get some feedback on proposed room assignments by October 14th?)