2020-09-01 - Samvera Branch Renaming Working Group




  • Revisit last week's action items
  • Samvera Connect proposal submitted (Kate) 
  • Meeting times moving forward (Kate)

Meeting Materials



Lynette worked through non-forked scenarios, and added to the Working Documents.

* Action Item: Chris Colvard (Deactivated) , write up a summary of the process with circle-ci-orb and add to Working Documents, and ping the Slack #branch-renaming-wg
* Action Item: Kate Lynch will work through Lynette’s document using Esme’s script
* Action Item: As part of the weekly agenda, Kate Lynch will add a standing agenda item of “When do we meet next”
* Action Item: Test the following with branch renaming:
  - samvera-labs.github.io - need to account for Jekyll builds as there could be breakage (Jeremy Friesen )
  - samvera-nesting-indexer - isolated to Hyrax, Hyrax references by gem version (Jeremy Friesen )
  - digital_collections_elixir_example - we have forks but these are non-production (Kate Lynch )
  - valkyrie_pg_demo - referenced in documentation/wiki (Lynette Rayle )

* Action Item: Write shell script that presumes the github-default-branch script has run, this script would update local usage (Jeremy Friesen )
* Action Item: Dev Congress Proposal of Samvera Labs cleanup and promotion of Labs Jeremy Friesen

* Action Item: Spreadsheet for Samvera Labs to show what we've migrated and what remains (Collin Brittle )

Possible future action item, using Github Actions to prevent creation of master branch.