GitHub's renaming strategy repo recommends waiting until the end of the year, when they plan to release tooling to address many of the needs we have identified.
Is it viable for us to recommend "wait until the end of the year" as strategies for addressing some of these areas?
Some, but not all. Not all areas of impact will likely be addressable with GitHub tooling and will need a more hands-on approach.
By the time that most Working Groups can address recommendations, the GitHub tooling will likely be available, so a "wait" recommendation where applicable makes sense.
We can also create recommendations based on the tools we are assessing now, for product owners who are eager to make this change, and in the event that GitHub tooling takes longer to come out than they currently estimate.
This group can also recommend different Samvera gems to carry forward with this work first, aiming for lower-impact gems with fewer PRs and less tooling around them (for example, questioning_authority over hyrax, at least up front).