Given the availability of the chair and the high prioritization of certain Hyrax and Avalon features addressed by other members, the Component Maintenance Working Group has been on temporary hiatus from 10/01/20 onwards. As of 08/24/21, there are active efforts to reconvene and resume advancing the charter for Phase 4 of this Working Group.
Scope & Objectives
The fourth, recurring, phase of this working group will continue the ongoing maintenance of identified core components in the community, via planned sprints and communication with product owners. Work on features for these components is considered out of scope. Working group members will plan and participate in these sprints, as well as communicate that planning and welcome contributions from the larger community. The core components supported for this phase are identified within the following: http://samvera.github.io/core_components.html. It should further be noted that our efforts shall be coordinated with the appropriate Samvera governance bodies.
During the sustaining phase of this working group, the group will re-evaluate the WG charter on a yearly basis roughly aligning with Samvera Connect in Spring 2022 (tentatively).
Deliverables & Timeframe
Review and update Core Components list http://samvera.github.io/core_components.html
- Deprecate relevant projects in the samvera GitHub organization to samvera-deprecated
- Ensure the projects in the Samvera GitHub organization meet the standards to be there as defined at http://samvera.github.io/samvera_labs.html
- Promote relevant projects from samvera-labs to the Samvera github organization if they meet the requirements (or make them meet the requirements if they should)
- Run a yearly dependency report against Partner repositories to help support deprecation, promotion, and prioritization.
Identify 1 member from the group to represent them on the Samvera Roadmaps Alignment Group
- Respond to any security alerts
- Review successes and failures of the group to review and renew charter.
- Provide a written report on the status of core components in regards to Ruby/Rails compatibility or any security/technical issues we've been able or unable to deal with. "2020 Technical Health Report"
Timeframe: 1 year: (Originally running from three weeks after Samvera Connect 2019 to Samvera Connect 2020, however this now must be determined once the Working Group has been resumed).
Meeting Times & Communication Channels
Meetings times are to be determined
URL: To be determined
The facilitators identified for the current phase shall serve to maintain the agenda and coordinate the development sprints during these meetings. The first meeting of this phase will be scheduled some time soon after the end of the CFP (after Samvera Connect 2019.)