How to connect: https://bluejeans.com/192324827 (link will launch Blue Jeans client – if you don't want to install the client, expand the instructions below)
Time: 2pm EST / 1pm CST / 12pm MST / 11am PST
Moderator: Michael Klein
Notetaker: James Griffin
- See Samvera IG/WG Framework#WorkingGroups
- Unconference Session @ Connect 2019: Could Samvera Use an Infrastructure Working Group?
- Scope & Charter
- Good example of a recent charter: Samvera Code of Conduct Working Group Charter
- Action Items
- Set up next meeting
- Unconference Session at Samvera Connect 2019
- Drafting the Charter
- Please note that Members of this WG will look to fully draft the charter following the meeting
- Defining Best Practices
- Should we strive to define a set of best practices for configuration?
- We should offer a recommendation, but not be prescriptive
- Working Groups have deliverables and a timeframe
- Documented practices might not be the deliverable
- Pointing out a series of practices within the community might be helpful
- For those who have no adopted the Samvera stack, perhaps we could provide an assessment of the current deployment
- Information which is helpful (at a generic level) might be best
- Who is our primary audience for the deliverable of this working group?
- This is likely to be an ongoing discussion
- Providing guidelines for new adopters is a great side-effect
- However, it might not be a target deliverable
- DockerHub Organization
- This already exists
- Are we in agreement that we would be using Dockerfiles?
- Dockerfiles and an example Docker Compose structure which spins up and prepares a Hyrax (in a Vagrant Box) would be a good deliverable
- What of other container orchestration tools? Helm Chart? Kubernetes?
- Difficult to determine, some on the call have limited experience with these
- Other infrastructure-as-code examples
- Would like to present deliverables at Samvera Connect 2020
- Is that reasonable?
- All agree
- Code4Lib Breakout will be scheduled by Aaron
- Communications and Meeting Tools
- All members are asked to please review and edit the charter
- Michael has volunteered to serve as the Chair for this Working Group
- Aaron has volunteered to serve as Co-Chair
- Scheduling the Next Call
- Does this day and time work?
- All agree
- Every two weeks?
- This might be too often, but while the charter is being drafted, this might be of value
- Moderator: Aaron Collier
- Notetaker: James Griffin
- Meeting adjourned at 11:37PST/14:37EST