Topic suggestions for work during the May 2021 Developer Congress. Please follow checklist below for submitting your proposed topic. If your topic has related github issues they can be added to the Developer Congress Project Issue Board. --issue board coming soon
Topic Proposal Checklist
- Short Title
- Link to Issues, Branches, Documentation, etc.
- Duration, estimate how long the session will last (For example: 3hrs, (2) 8hr days, etc.)
- Proposed By (Samvera Slack Channel Handle)
- Facilitator (Samvera Slack Channel Handle)
Title: Update ActiveFedora to work on Fedora 5.
Description: We have a branch sitting around that almost gets ActiveFedora working with Fedora 5, we could work together to get this passing.
Duration: 6 hrs
Proposed By: name here
Facilitator: Seeking a facilitator.
NOTE: Put this information in the Proposed Topics table below.
- add a topic to the table of proposed topics below (See Topic Proposal Checklist and example above for guidance on proposing a topic.)
- identify yourself as a facilitator for a topic you propose or a topic proposed by others (See Facilitator Guide below.)
- indicate your interest in one or more topics
- Propose or claim a topic in the Proposed Topics table above
- You will be asked to introduce your topic with a brief summary (minute or less) during the kick off meeting
Goal of this checklist is to enable leaders of specific issues to be able to collect resources for those interested in contributing; aiming to provide a shared knowledge base before beginning the work together. While optional, if you're facilitating a topic we recommend you provide these resources to attendees ahead of time:
- Prepare zoom link or slack room link that will be used for contributors to gather
- Prepare short list of languages the work will be coded in
- Prepare list of any tutorials a contributor can complete to familiarize themselves with the work ahead
- If similar work has occurred in other repositories please include links to those repositories as well