Richard Green (Samvera Operations Adviser, co-facilitator)
Kevin Kochanski (Notch8) (apologies)
Simeon Warner (Cornell University) (apologies)
Agenda and notes -
Review to-do's from June meeting
RG to ask Lyrasis for an update in early August, at which point we will considering following up with those Partners who have not yet paid and esp on those who have not yet been invoiced (at their request). Another $16,500 has come in as of 7/24. We are currently hoping for another $70k or so. RG will follw up with those institutions who have not yet paid and where he has a personal contact; will ask others on the team to deal with the rest.
CC's fundraiser contact would be willing to speak to us in August. JD's contact would speak to us, though JD would like to give him some context in a one-to-one conversation first. Deferred sine die whilst we work on a possible grant proposal.
Discussion of other funding sources and funding targets
Idea: Propose a funded project to deal with the gaps in feature development and maintenance. JD offered a draft outline. Extensive discussion - notes can be found here (requires team login). JD will update his draft by EOB 8/3 to be finessed then by others. HF will talk to KK about his perception of how feature gaps might put potential users off from using Hyrax. Need then to get some consensus around the proposal and get 'others on board' by the end of August. First half of September to write up a formal proposal, second half to get subcontractors signed up. Submission deadline (for IMLS) 10/2.