8-9 AM Pacific | 10-11 AM Central | 11 AM - 12 PM Eastern | 4-5 PM BST
Standing Zoom link: https://stanford.zoom.us/j/393158590
- Carolyn Caizzi (Northwestern University)
- Jon Dunn (Indiana University)
- Hannah Frost (Stanford University) (facilitator)
- Richard Green (Samvera Operations Adviser, co-facilitator)
- Kevin Kochanski (Notch8)
- Simeon Warner (Cornell University)
RG volunteered for the recurring job.
- Review the draft charter
The charter was reviewed and slightly updated in the light of events. The COVID-19 pandemic caused Samvera Steering to initiate the 2020 fundraising cycle ahead of the FT's first meeting: it was feared that the financial impact of the disease might have a negative impact on budgets later in the year. The revised Charter is posted here on the Samvera wiki.
- Considerations re: current pandemic & economic forecasts
- Next steps
- Need letter to go out with 2020 fundraising invoices from Lyrasis. RG to make a first draft before end of week. ALL to contribute comments and suggestions w/b 4/13. Lyrasis need a completed text on 4/20.
- Consider talking to a professional fundraising consultant at a non-profit to get advice/ideas. CC will ask a contact.
- Consider talking to a Development Office.
- Discuss 'other funding sources' on next call (see #5)
- Consider setting the Team a target of raising $150k this year (enough to cover a full time salary, associated costs and expenses)
- RG to monitor and report on invoicing and payments
- FT roll out
- Create new wiki space, archive last year’s WG pages
RG to action
- Announce our existence to the community
This can be done during the Virtual Partner Meeting on 27/28 April. JD will add it to his report.
- Date of next meeting
Tuesday 19th May 8:00am PT, 11:00am ET, 4:00pm UK