GeoSpatial IG First Phone Call
Dial: +1 (530) 881-1400
Access Code: 651025
Facilitator: Bess Sadler (Stanford Univ)
Notetaker: Jack Reed (Stanford Univ)
Agenda & Notes
- Roll Call
- Welcome New Folks
Eliot Jordan (Princeton)
Corey Harper (NYU)
Keith Jenkins (Cornell)
- Huda Khan (Cornell)
- Erica Johns (Cornell)
- Darcy Branchini (Cornell)
Jack Reed (Stanford)
Darren Hardy (Stanford)
James Griffin (Lafayette College)
- Matthew Sisk (Notre Dame)
Jennifer Moore (Washing Univ. St. Louis)
- Kevin Dyke (U of Minnesota)
- Ryan Mattke (U of Minnesota)
- Len Kne (U of Minnesota)
John Huck (Univ. of Alberta)
- Larry Laliberte (Univ. of Alberta)
Stace Maples (Stanford)
Lynne Grigsby (UC Berkeley)
tbrittnacher (UC Santa Barbara)
- Susan Powell (UC Berkeley)
- Tsering Wangyal Shawa (Princeton)
Don Brower(Notre Dame)
- Call for Agenda Items
- Ratify our charter (
Samvera Geospatial Interest Group)
- Root interest: How to manage data throughout lifecycle? Includes discovery, but also includes production, description, etc.
- Folks new to Project Hydra introduce themselves and their interest in interest group.
- Quick round robin those who are interested, or in next 2 years who have a repo with geospatial data
- UC Berkeley
- Notre Dame
- Univ. of Alberta
- Wash Uni
- Anything missing or out of scope for group objectives?
- Discussion of geospatial data types and access services. Should some categories be grouped together?
- Islandora implementations have been used with PostGIS.. is PostGIS within RoR outside the scope? Adding to SDI bullet point
- Managing geojson in MongoDB seems to be outside the scope of Hydra stack at this point
- How does this relate to OpenGeoPortal?
- This group is focused specifically on data lifecycle specifically in Hydra technology stack
- This group is closely scoped to implementations in Hydra
- Shared practices and shared load between institutions
- Shall we convene a Hydra Geospatial Interest group whos scope and objectives are listed at
Samvera Geospatial Interest Group ?
- Seconded by Stace
- Ayes: a lot
- Nays: none
- Select a chair
- Darren Hardy - seconded
- Darren confirmed
- Schedule regular phone calls
- Doodle poll for scheduling regular calls: http://doodle.com/i9zg74yf8444vsxz
- Once a month for regular calls
- Do we need to charter a working group to tackle a concrete task?
- How are we going to migrate to Fedora 4? What does a GIS object look like in Fedora?
- Communication channels
- Recommended to use existing communication channels, unless and until we are generating so much traffic.
- Technical discussion - Hydra tech
- Gen discussion - Hydra community
- Hydra partnership - Hydra partnership
Getting Started in the Samvera Community - Hydra email lists
- Add your name to members page if you are interested
- Next call