Time: 09:00 PDT/12:00 EDT - 10:00PDT/01:00EDT
- Samvera Circle Orb (Collin Brittle)
- Merged PRs (thanks to Chris Colvard (Deactivated) and James Griffin for reviews):
- params for solr version and postgres version. (#30, #35)
- create a list of gems (and their versions), and save it as a build artifact (#31)
- Bunch of generic updates to docs (#32) - Sets up for switching to `
main` as the default branch.
- Updates the Fedora port used in Executors (#39) - Fedora was broken in the orb until this was merged.
- Makes bundle cache key creation more repeatable (#41)
- Open PRs:
- Update the default Solr version/image (#34) - Draft until we have more discussion on what the desired defaults are.
- Change the way orb development works, by changing how the orb is tested (#36) - Needs review, but may be more in depth, it's practically a rewrite.
- New tickets for known issues:
- With changes in #36, new, future work for ensuring our `
run` commands are safe. (#37)
- With changes in #36, where/how to do integration tests is more obvious, but still need to write the tests. (#38)
- To better support PostgreSQL users, the orb should provide a DATABASE_URL variable for their database.yml (#42) - Raised from Hyrax PR 4397
- Circle is changing their docker images, so we should prepare for that (#43)
- Pushed a dev orb for testing, version tag is "dev:e40ff11". (ie `
- Includes the merged PRs above, and #36
- Tagged the commit of the last prod release in the repository (v0.3.2)
- Started testing Hyrax with the above dev orb (#4384)
- Raised the issue fixed in #39
- Rebasing fixed more failing tests
- Now, native compiled gems are sometimes failing to load their libraries, particularly for older ruby versions.
- Ticking off more boxes in the promotion ticket! (#19)
- Hydra-PCDM (Collin Brittle)
- PR (now merged) to remove CodeClimate badge (#281). The repo is not set up to use CodeClimate, so the badge was vestigial.
- Meeting adjourned at 07/31/20
- James can review and merge https://github.com/samvera-labs/samvera-circleci-orb/pull/36
- Samvera CircleCI Orb
- Available GitHub Issues:
- Hyrax 3.0 Support
- Request for assistance with https://github.com/samvera/hyrax/pull/4384
- Database URL work identified by Jeremy Friesen needs to be addressed
- There may be some other modifications which need to be introduced
- Once this PR is merged, a 1.0 release may definitely be possible
- Older Ruby versions pass with fewer problems, whereas newer Ruby versions seem to introduce more problems when running the tests on CircleCI
- Compiled Gems aren't loading dynamic libraries within the Docker operating system environment
- The tests failed quickly on CircleCI in response to this
- CircleCI is changing their Docker Images (most importantly, for Ruby)
- We should notify the community of these changes, and explore the path for migrating to use these new Ruby Images
- Hyrax 3.0 PR has avoided addressing these changes in order to try and debug the more immediate issues with the new Orb
- James will contact Jeremy and Tom in order to determine a path forward for communicating warnings on the samvera-tech Google Group
- hydra-pcdm and CodeClimate
- James needs to look to evaluate other components which might still have CodeClimate as a past coverage service
- CircleCI Orb PR for supporting Code Climate: https://github.com/samvera-labs/samvera-circleci-orb/pull/5
- James will look to e-mail other CCMWG regarding the usage of CodeClimate for a coverage tool
- Prioritization and community desire might need to be assessed before any formal proposal for a community sprint is offered