May 9, 2014


Dial: +1 (530) 881-1400
Access Code: 651025


  • Rick Johnson (Facilitator)
  • Mike Giarlo (Notetaker)
  • Robin Ruggaber (UVa)
  • Mike Friscia (Yale)
  • Claire Stewart (Northwestern)
  • Jon Stroop (Princeton)
  • Chris Awre (Hull)
  • Linda Newman (Cincinnati)
  • Ray Lubinsky (Virginia)
  • Alicia Cozine (DCE)
  • Eben English (BPL)
  • Tom Cramer (Stanford)
  • Mike Stroming (Northwestern)

Agenda & Notes

  1. Roll Call
    1. Welcome New Folks 
  2. Call for Agenda Items

  3. Next Call
    1. Date: June 6, 2014 (This should be June 13 which is during OR13.  Suggest the week prior to discuss any last minute items.)
      1. Facilitator: Mike Friscia (Yale)
      2. Notetaker: Chris Awre (Hull)

  4. Standing Community to-do's
    1. Architectural Oversight of Hydra core
      1. There is currently no architectural review/authority of ActiveFedora (or other Hydra core components) to evaluate and influence them to meet current and emerging needs
      2. Discussed thoroughly at LibDevConX
        1. Link to discussion documentation
        2. At least 6 committers (incl. 3 Fedora committers) share a vision about Fedora 4 and the core codebase
        3. Perhaps a core coder WG would help this along
        4. ACTION: Tom to send out LDCX notes re: this topic
    2. Reports back
      1. Hydra Camp, Dublin
        1. No one on the call attended.  Feedback has been positive.
      2. LAMDevConX and Developer Congress
        1. Dev Congress: Experience of talking through gems was very useful – how do we do this more often?
        2. LDCX: See notes linked in the agenda
      3. April Power Steering Meeting
        1. See extensive notes here
      4. Hydra Camp, May 6-9 Minneapolis
        1. Attendees from Los Alamos National Labs, Georgia Tech, Washington University (St. Louis), and Penn State
        2. Going well
    3. Next Partner and dev-centric meetings
      1. OR2014
        1. ACTION: Chris to encourage partners who are presenting to add a reference to their talks here and to indicate attendance as well (so we all know who's attending) (DONE)
      2. Hydra Connect #2, Case Western – see Hydra Connect 2 - Fall 2014
        1. If you're considering putting on a workshop at Hydra Connect, submit your proposal by the end of the month
    4. Training
      1. Hydra Camp fall 2014 (Boston?)
    5. Projects & Working Groups
      1. Hydramata Update
        1. More updates forthcoming
      2. Hydra RDF WG updates (if any)
      3. Hydra Archivists WG updates (if any)
      4. (etc.)
    6. Strategic Plan
    7. Status of information gathering on Fedora 3 -> Fedora 4 transitions (Migration messaging)
      1. ACTION: Mike to ping folks who discussed this at LDCX to keep ball rolling (DONE)
  5. Prospective Partner Intel Sharing
    1. Discussed but details not shared.