Dial: +1 (530) 881-1400
Access Code: 651025
Facilitator: Karen - WBGH
Notetaker: Steve - Northwestern
Tom Cramer - Stanford
Richard Green - Hull
Karen Cariani - WGBH
Mike - WGBH
Dean - Cornell
Evan - BPL
Steve DiDomenico - Northwestern
Carolyn Caizzi - Northwestern
Ian Lessing & John Ajao - UC Santa Barbara
Rick Johnson- Notre Dame
Mark Notess - Indiana University
Mark Bussey - DCE
Ray Lubinsky - UVA
Jon Stroop - Princeton
Mike - Yale
Agenda & Notes
- Roll Call
- Welcome New Folks
- Call for Agenda Items
- Next Call
- Date: January 9th
- Facilitator: Rick Johnson
- Notetaker: Mike - Yale
- Interest Groups and Working Groups
- Steering Group - Richard - Will send email with more details in the new year about Interest and Working Groups, expanded section on wiki home page. Would like standard template for the groups on the wiki.
- Financial & Legal Services Proposal
- Tom Cramer - DuraSpace was chosen as the banking and legal service for the Hydra Project, including holding trademarks, recipient of license agreements, holding money for the group. MOU being drafted now. Requires funding for hire. Costs: $10,000/year. $7000-8000 for pursuing trademark one time fee. May want more in order to have financial reserve. Discussed about how to raise money. Perhaps member dues, $1000 per partner could work as an optional part of membership – providing financial support is one of the ways members can contribute. Could make raise money now and then work on the details for recurring costs later. Would need further discussion with DuraSpace about including Hydra as part of their overall fundraising efforts (i.e., including it along with Fedora/DSpace, etc.), we may or may not want Hydra to be included.
- Standing Community to-do's
- Reports back (if any) - none
- Next Partner and dev-centric meetings
- CNI - Tom: a lot of hallway chatter about Hydra. A lot of interest from other institutions. Yale had a great presentation.
- New England Regional - Karen C: Getting close to a date, first week in May possibly. Will post to wiki when ready.
- Code4lib - Hydra meet-ups and Fedora 4. Informal/formal Hydra managers meeting while we are at the conference? There is interest in meeting. Also,WGBH is convening to work on standard for RDF ontology for PB-Core, contact Karen C if you're interested.
- See Events page for latest details
- Mark Bussey: Three HydraCamp training seminars next year. One at Yale, one in Europe (as part of Hydra Symposium), one in the fall towards the west coast (looking for thoughts on location). More formal communication later in the month.
- Reports from Interest & Working Groups
- Archivists Working Group - (no report)
- Digital Preservation Working Group - (no report)
- User Experience Group - Mark Notess: had a meeting, discussion on Spotlight and what it can do, notes are on wiki. Next meeting is Feb 5 (possibly focusing on image viewers). While the group is User Experience, the group has looked at areas and technologies that are outside of User Experience, there may be use of demos, tech reviews, and discussion of a product of interest that can fill the needs of the Hydra community. May be useful to have a monthly demo outside of User Experience group.
- RDF Working Group - has folded its activities into the general community.
- Prospective Partner Intel Sharing
- Dartmouth is interested in Hydra. They are on our list.
- Holy Cross
- Library of Congress is interested in using hydra DAM.
- Any other old or new business
- A reminder to please send monthly updates to the hydra-community list (rather than hydra-partners) unless they contain "sensitive" information.