Developer Track - Wednesday 6/5 Afternoon
Developer Community Page
- Review on Committers call when possible (or convene emergency/security call)
- Have at least two institutions agree on release
- Have at least three individuals trained to do releases at any time
- Document release process
- Make sure releasers have appropriate access
- Q2-Q3 Junta: Drew, Jeremy, Justin
- Follow (and/or update) the release process as documented under
Release Manager Responsibilities
Open Items - Changelogs
- Why do we need changelogs
- Therefore what should be in them
- How do we make something that meet the above requirements with minimum friction
- Jeremy will write script to generate changelog/history based on commit history
Hydra Tech Lead
- Is there a need for an individual/group to focus on making Hydra better
- Is there a need for a clearing-house function
- On committers calls
- On e-mail list
- Is there a need for someone to advocate for refactoring, elimination of tech debt, non-sexy plumbing stuff?
- Not yet, there's not enough pain here?
- How do newcomers know where core is headed
- What is core?
- On the Horizon
- Rails 4
- Smaller Solr Docs (permissions, auto-generated elements)
- Is there a plan afoot for Hydra 7.0.0 - not yet?
- Make Hydra less painful for new folks (i.e. developers) to adopt
- Hydra gem
- track current rails and make ActiveFedora mirror current conventions as closely as reasonable
- Follow up on 6/10 Committer's call