Chris Awre (Hull)
Richard Green (Hull)
Eddie Shin (mediaShelf)
Robin Ruggaber (UVa)
Rick Johnson (ND)
Tim Sigmon (UVa)
Topics and Notes
- MOUs in Hull for final signature and will be couriered back to other partners asap
- 1 page addendum to MOU available soon?
Partner Meeting Scheduling and Location
- Confirmed again at Charlottesville, VA, June 6-8
- Sept meeting site still not finalized
- Notre Dame? Rock Hall?
- Notre Dame has confirmed ability to host and some interest from IU in sending more folks if at ND (and 4 hours from Cleveland)
- Tom was going to check with Adam on Rock Hall abilities as there was some interest in having a meeting at a non-University site
- Should there be a Dec partner meeting?
- General consensus was at a minimum there should be a Steering group meeting
- Location TBD?
- Steering group (at least) should consider longer-term planning.
- Where should Hydra be in a year? Two years?
Partner Meeting Focus
- Have more developer topics suggested up front to get more developer attendance?
- Do we have separate tracks (may depend on who is there but could also get different folks there depending on expected topics)?
- Have 1 or 2 meetings a year with a heavier technical focus to get involvement from folks with challenged funds?
- We will probably not hear back on submissions until a week from Monday, April 16 (ie April 23rd)
- Maintaining a booth
- Do we have literature available such as bookmarks, 4x6 cards?
- Use screencasts needed for webinars at OR
- Do we have screencasts available to run on a flat screen display on different partner implementations? (Useful for demo, or as a loop when stand unmanned (unpersoned?))
- Ones mentioned were Libra, Hull, Atrium. Others?
- How do we staff it? Consensus was it can be done but no clear plan on logistics yet
- We have a placeholder application in with the conference organisers
- Take up by email how this might be staffed/run
- Would be nice to be able to distribute at OR
- Have available in a limited quantity as incentive for attendance of Hydra workshop (ie. 1st 50 get a t-shirt)
- Not sure the "we R pwning ur repoztry" is mainstream enough for folks to understand (esp UK!)
- Hudson/Jenkins Server
- Eddie had to resurrect the Hudson/Jenkins server lately and may want to look at improving the hosting infrastructure for this soon
- Need to work through transferring ownership from MediaShelf (Chris Beer was listed as the new 'release manager' by Tom)
- Move JIRA tickets from Duraspace JIRA to Atlassian hosted as it would be free for our open source project and always 'up-to-date' software-wise. Eddie to investigate and to trial migration from DuraSpace.
- Not bound to Duraspace for maintenance
- Could integrate with google apps for calendaring and document sharing
- Integrate with Confluence Wiki
- Main reservation was what happens if Atlassian decides to stop offering as free? This might be an issue anyhow with Duraspace JIRA
- need to resolve DNS issues with Tom
- really important that our lists be email@example.com - which Google apps would enable.
- Nail down Sept Partner meeting site
- Rick look at dates in Sept that might work best if at ND (local facilities, competing events, etc)
- Tom check with Adam about Rock Hall (Tom)
- Forward MOU 1 page addendum when ready
- Put out some topics for June partner meeting (all)
- Decide on partner meetings that could be more dev focused (nail down if we have separate tracks)
- OR 12 Booth literature (unassigned)
- OR 12 Screencasts (all)
- OR 12 T-shirts (unassigned)
- Eddie look into hosting JIRA on Atlassian (Eddie)