Versions Compared


  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.


  1. Changes to agenda

  2. 2019 Partner and Supporter Fundraising call
    1. Potential contributors list at:
      Previous fundraising letters:
    2. "Deadline" end of February

  3. Any other business

  4. Date of next meeting
    1. Tuesday 5th February 11:00 ET, 8:00 PT, 16:00 UK - Sponsorship (or not) of Connect?
    2. Tuesday 19th February - Big money fundraising (with Brian's contact contributing?)

Fundraising letters

  • In 2019 will send the main letter to all Partners (and non-Partner donors).  DuraSpace will be asked to send the Fedora and Samvera combined letter, Samvera will send the "Samvera only" letter if they are uncomfortable about that.
  • Discussion (unresolved) about whether to put a total fundraising target. Rather the letter should talk about strengthening, sustaining and solidifying the community and its products. Staff are (obviously?) essential to be able to do that well.  Growth of community needs good, dedicated management and coordination
  • 2018 letter is not obviously appealing to Library Deans. May need to be more explicit about the need to hire, and what Samvera does and provides for them (Marketing WG is working on something?). Emphasise that you pay into OS development rather than pay licenses?
  • Letter should mention CCMWG, Roadmap Council, Hyrax WG (collaborative development), Hyku (Hannah will gather up to date info), Bridge2Hyku. Should celebrate last year's accessibility work. Mention implementation of Governance recommendations; diversification of Community into vendor space.  Celebrate Connect, Virtual Connect, Partner meetings, Dev congresses etc - and look forward to even better ones next year
  • Reference the 2018 Annual Report and try to have the 2019 one ready for the fundraising cycle
  • Jon will work up a draft of the basic 2019 text for comment


  • Three categories - continuing contributors, Partners who do not donate (though we acknowledge some do not have the funds to do so); others
  • Try to arrange conversations with non-donating Partners and encourgae those who could (how?  Peer pressure, coloured levels?)
  • List
    • Boston Public Library
    • CoSector, U o London
    • DPLA
    • Digital Repository of Ireland
    • Lafayette College
    • LSE
    • Oregon State (as Oregon Digital)
    • U Alberta
    • UCSB
    • U Oregon (as Oregon Digital)
    • U York
    • WUSTL

Action Items:

  • Hannah - up to date info on Hyku
  • Jon:  Draft of skeleton of the letter -


  • Richard: Accelerate production of 2019 Annual Report
  • Next call - finalize text - 
  • Sponsorship of


  • Connect as next meeting
  • Brian wanted to bring in a colleague to talk about fundraising
  • Following call - external fundraising - Feb. 19

Notes from Ryan:

next time - sponsorship for Connect