Draft proposal, until agreed on and joined by members from at least three Samvera Partners.
The working group should produce the following deliverables by the end of March, 2021:
- A list of services and tools that are widely used in the Samvera Community, grouped by service provider
- For each service provider, links to policies, news coverage, or other resources that document the values the service provider promotes
- For any service providers that are at odds with Samvera's community values, a list of alternative services that the community could use instead
- A procedure for proposing and deciding to change services
Note that Working Groups must have participants from three different Partners. All members of a working group producing software must be licensed Samvera contributors covered by the appropriate CLAs. Other types of contributions such as requirements, design, best practices, documentation, etc. - do not require CLAs but participants should accept that the materials to which they contribute may be released under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License..
- Jeremy Friesen (Facilitator, Notre Dame)
- tamsin johnson (UC Santa Barbara)
- James Griffin (Princeton University Library)
- JP Engstrom (Notch8)
- Heather Greer Klein (Samvera)