- The users of, interest in, resources, and talent pool of the Samvera community will spread far beyond the developers on the committers list, and their institutions
- Samvera encourages and will facilitate taking code from contributors from many sources
- The structure of the source code management (currently using git) will facilitate incorporating and using code from many sources
- Samvera committers will actively take code contributions from non-committers and incorporate it into the code trunk
- Working code wins
- You get what you give [ getwhatyougive 405213662]
- All contributed code must have full test coverage before it is committed. The current testing infrastructure is RSpec for everything but Rails views, and Cucumber for for Rails views.
- Tests must be committed at the same time code is.
- All bugs and development tasks will be tracked in JIRA
- All code must be documented before it’s committed